Your Stewpendous Patatas Bravas!
Other Recipe Ideas
Yoghurt, Garlic & Mustard Sauce
Traditional Patatas Bravas may be served with an Aioli sauce. Here is an easy to make sauce to go with 2-3 servings of Patatas Bravas Stewp.
- Put 100g (4 heaped tbsp) of plain or greek yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add a small pinch of salt and pepper
- Add 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Add half tsp of mustard (from a jar, not the powder)
- Mix together, taste and serve
Magic HP Sauce
An easy addition that further deepens the flavours of the Patatas Bravas. Simply stir in 2 tsp of HP brown sauce at the end when the Stewp has cooked... Wow!
Serve with Mini Crispy Potatoes
You just can't beat hot crispy potatoes! To time with eating the cooked Stewp, start this 30 minutes before the Stewp is ready to eat.
- Put 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into a roasting pan and heat the oven to 180C(fan)/gas mark 4.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2 cm chunks. I prefer to use Maris Piper for oven roasting as they get really crispy, but any floury potato will work.
- Boil the potatoes on the hob for 5 minutes then drain.
- Add the potatoes to the oven dish and turn to coat in the oil. Keep them separated if you can. Roast for 20 minutes.