Your Stewpendous Tex-Mex!
Other Recipe Ideas
Add some crispy mashed potatoes to the top of your Tex-Mex Stewp.
- Make the Tex-Mex Stewp as per the instructions in an ovenproof pan, except reduce the water to 2 cups (500ml).
- 25-30 mins before the Stewp is ready to eat peel 500g of potatoes, half them, and boil with a pinch of salt for 20 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 200C(fan)/gas7
- Then, drain and mash the cooked potatoes. If you want, add butter or vegan equivalent to make it creamy.
- Once the Stewp is ready to eat add the mash potatoes on top of the pan, and place under a medium grill or in the oven until the mash starts to turn brown or is as crispy as you like it.
Home-Made Nachos Dip
A customer told me they use the Tex-Mex as a great way to eat nachos. Why not add some some salsa and guacamole on the side as well?
Worcester sauce is a favourite of mine to add to stews. Be mindful this sauce contains anchovy paste, so is not vegetarian.
For even more of a Tex-Mex flavour punch, stir in 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce and 1 tbsp of tomato puree at step 3 of the preparation process, just before you put your Stewp on to simmer.